Florida House Bill 503: State Growth Reforms Ease Builder's Burden in Getting State Permits
Last year's major deregulation of Florida state oversight of land development continued this year with a number of additional laws being passed in the Spring and Summer of 2012 (see our earlier post for details) as well as HB 503, which is now law in the State of Florida.
HB503 changes the way that builders and developers get permits from the State. With HB 503, it will take less time for business endeavors to get through the process of getting regulatory okays -- and no, the environment isn't tossed aside as this new legislation changes the permitting procedures.
Both business representatives and environmental activists worked with members of the Florida Legislature to form the final version of HB503 which was sent to Governor Rick Scott's desk for signature earlier this year. With the revamped permit process, costs in time and money are lessened for builders, developers, and the like -- which helps them do business, and that helps Florida's economy to rebuild itself.
For a complete review of HB503, please see our earlier post which provides a complete bill summary.
- creates, amends, & revises numerous provisions relating to: development, construction, operating, & building permits;
- permit application requirements & procedures, including waivers, variances, & revocation;
- local government comprehensive plans & plan amendments;
- programmatic general permits & regional general permits;
- permits for projects relating to stormwater management systems, coastal construction, dredge & fill activities,
- intermodal logistics centers & commercial & industrial development;
- sanitary program surveys of certain water systems;
- innocent victim petroleum storage system restoration, ambient air quality & water quality standards, & solid waste disposal;
- sale of unblended gasoline for certain uses;
- exemption from payment to authorizing agencies for use of certain extensions;
- provides a 2-year permit extension.
- 125.022 - Development permits.
- 161.041 - Permits required.
- 166.033 - Development permits.
- 218.075 - Reduction or waiver of permit processing fees.
- 373.026 - General powers and duties of the department.
- 373.326 - Exemptions.
- 373.4141 - Permits; processing.
- 373.4144 - Federal environmental permitting.
- 376.3071 - Inland Protection Trust Fund; creation; purposes; funding.
- 376.30715 - Innocent victim petroleum storage system restoration.
- 380.0657 - Expedited permitting process for economic development projects.
- 403.061 - Department; powers and duties.
- 403.087 - Permits; general issuance; denial; revocation; prohibition; penalty.
- 403.1838 - Small Community Sewer Construction Assistance Act.
- 403.7045 - Application of act and integration with other acts.
- 403.706 - Local government solid waste responsibilities.
- 403.707 - Permits.
- 403.7125 - Financial assurance.
- 403.814 - General permits; delegation.
- 403.853 - Drinking water standards.
- 403.973 - Expedited permitting; amendments to comprehensive plans.
- 526.203 - Renewable fuel standard.