Genting's Resort World Miami Called "Bigger Than Vegas" at Miami Dade Commissioners' Meeting. Good.
Miami-Dade County Commissioners learned a lot more about the proposed new Resorts World Miami this week, as Genting's proposed casino resort was discussed in detail at a Commissioners' meeting. Proponents and critics alike were there to put their two cents' worth into the debate about casinos being built in Miami. Specifically, the three resort casinos currently being proposed in Tallahassee with Genting's casino the one that has all the details all ready to go. Genting's got a plan, Genting's already moving ahead.
Genting's Resorts World Miami Will be HUGE
Genting is sharing lots of information about its Miami project, much like a proud new mother shares photos of her baby. Just check our their video (below). Amazing stuff.
- Resorts World Miami is estimated to cost $3.8 billion to complete
- Resorts World Miami will be bigger than any Vegas hotel or casino
- Resorts World Miami is expected to create "tens of thousands" of construction jobs in the short term and "tens of millions" of tourist dollars in the long run
- Genting will issue casino debit cards to its guests for use at restaurants, shops, etc. in the surrounding area (i.e., non-Genting establishments)
- Resorts World Miami is expected to have 5200 hotel rooms (compare this with the MGM Grand at 5044)
- Resorts World Miami plans include two casinos in two different parts of its project, one almost twice as big as the other. 8500 slot machines are included along with 50 restaurants.
- It is targeting a higher-stakes gambler (more "whales" for Miami).
- Resorts World Miami will be the biggest casino resort in the world - if the plans are okayed by the Powers That Be.
Bigger than Vegas? Bigger than anything else in the world? That's real estate development in a big way and its impact on our economy will be staggeringly positive. Now and later.
Genting is good for Miami.
Watch what Genting is planning here: