Diabetes Research Institute News of the Week Includes Widespread Media Coverage of Diabetes Research
This week's news regarding the Diabetes Research Institute and the fight against diabetes includes:
- Last Friday, the special supplement “Conquering Diabetes” ran in The Miami Herald and included the DRI in two articles. In the first, Dr. Luigi Meneghini was a featured expert and the second was a repeat of the article, “Hope for a Cure,” about the work of the DRI featuring the Tacher family, islet transplant patient Karla Edge and Dr. Camillo Ricordi.
- Dr. Luigi Meneghini was also featured on the MedBuzz e-newsletter speaking about the potential of inhaled insulin and intensive management without the risk of hypoglycemia.
- The latest issue of JDRF’s Countdown Magazine includes highlights from their recent Research Summit. Included in the summary is the DRI’s Dr. Cherie Stabler and her work with islet encapsulation and a feature update on the JDRF’s Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors, which collects and distributes pancreatic and other tissues from deceased donors with type 1 diabetes. The article includes the DRI’s Dr. Alberto Pugliese, who serves as the co-executive director of nPOD.
- Dr. Ron Goldberg was featured in an article titled, “Melatonin and Diabetes: What’s the Connection?” that appeared on popular health website QualityHealth.com.
- Also on QualityHealth.com, Kellie Rodriguez provided expertise for an article titled, “Treat 5 Diabetes-Related Skin Problems.”