Diabetes Research Institute: News of the Week Includes New Miami Herald Supplement, "Conquering Diabetes"
This week's news regarding the Diabetes Research Institute and the fight against diabetes includes:
- This Friday, June 29th, The Miami Herald will contain a special supplemental section titled “Conquering Diabetes” that is being developed in conjunction with the Miami Chapter of the ADA and the AADE. The DRI’s Dr. Luigi Meneghini will be featured on the panel of experts section (page 11), as he provided expertise about several diabetes questions.
- An article titled “Types of Diabetes Research” featured the cure-focused work of the DRI and its global collaborations and was posted on Prevention of Diabetes.
- Long Island Board Member Bill Fishlinger was featured in the Newsday column Around Town. He was recently honored at the 2012 Scholarship Tribute Dinner of the College of Mount Saint Vincent. The write up mentions his leadership position with the DRI Foundation.
- Students at North Shore Middle School on Long Island held a Zumbathon to benefit the DRI and raised more than $2,300. The event was organized by student Megan Henneberger, who, together with her brother, has type 1. The article appeared on the school’s web site and in the Glen Cove Record Pilot.
- The Cure Thrift Shop in NYC that benefits the DRI was the star of a segment on HGTV and in Elle Magazine’s Street Chic NY.