Diabetes Research Institute: News of the Week Includes Florida's Diva the Diabetes Alert Dog as AHA Hero Dog
This week's news regarding the Diabetes Research Institute and the fight against diabetes:
- Dr. Juan Dominguez-Bendala commented on a stem cell study in a HealthDay story titled “Improved Stem Cell Line May Avoid Tumor Risk” was widely distributed, see U.S. News & World Report and in Health
- Ron Darling was a guest on the Boomer & Carter Morning Show on WFAN-NY radio and spoke about the DRI and the McFadden’s Restaurant promotion running at Citifield. You can listen to the show online.
- An article about reasons to get involved with the Diabetes Research Institute and listed the many ways one can do so was featured on Examiner.com.
- DRI was mentioned in an article about Diva, the diabetes alert dog, who was recognized with a 2012 Hero Dog Award by the American Humane Association. (Donna and Bob Cope, whose daughter, Hunter, has type 1 diabetes and always has Diva by her side, recently toured the DRI.)
- The American Fine Wine Competition, which has chosen the DRI as one of its lead beneficiaries, is a prestigious wine event that is garnering tremendous media coverage. It was featured on the cover of the Palm Beach Post Notables section among other media outlets. The event takes place on Thursday, April 19th at the Boca Raton Resort & Club and the organizers are offering discounted tickets to DRInsiders. If you are interested in attending, please contact Sheryl Sulkin in the Florida office.
Above image: Diva, diabetes alert dog and AHA Hero Dog.