Diabetes Research Institute: Web Promos of DRI Events This Week Run the Gamut: from Fashion to Fast Cars
- DRI Scientific Director Dr. Camillo Ricordi will be the guest on a live via video chat presented by TuDiabetes.com, an online community of people touched by diabetes. Dr. Ricordi will speak about the technology and biology involved with creating a mini organ to mimic the native pancreas, the DRI projects and global collaborations underway to make it a reality, and overcoming barriers to cure diabetes.
- The July 11th issue of Real Estate Weekly featured the Empire Ball in a significant article with photos.
- Young Society of Love and Hope member Jillian Posner, who recently chaired the Haute Tea event, was featured in a video interview on the popular website Social Miami, where she spoke about her involvement with the DRIF.
- In her interview with SaveTheGarmentCenter.org, New York fashion designer and company founder Dana Maxx-Pomeranz mentioned her efforts on behalf of the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation.
- Exotic car enthusiast web site 6SpeedOnline.com ran a feature promoting the upcoming Gold Coast Concours/Bimmerstock Event in Glen Cove, NY, which benefits the DRI.
- The DRIF’s Tom Karlya was quoted in the current issue of diaTribe, a newsletter of the diabetes company Close Concerns, in its Quotable Quotes column.
- In Newton, NJ, The FACT Foundation, an organization dedicated to raising awareness of and finding a cure for diabetes, held a music competition with all proceeds benefiting the DRI. An article titled “FACT Foundation Rocks for the Cure” ran in The Township Journal.