DRI News of the Week: National Motorcycle Ride "From Sea to Shining Sea" Roared Off on July 12, 2012
Supporting the Diabetes Research Institute this week includes this week's news regarding the DRI's fight against diabetes and the following:
1. DRI National Board Member Ron Darling stars in the DRI Public Service Announcement that will be running in New York on SNY and potentially other stations.
2. Missy Foy is the only runner with diabetes to qualify for Olympic marathon trials. She recently gave support to the work at DRI in her blog, writing on July 11, “ DRI is so important because even though we need new technologies to improve how we live WITH diabetes, DRI is my only hope to live WITHOUT it.”
3. Business Insider.com ran a feature, “9 Celebrities Who are Living with a Disease,” which included Nick Jonas and his affiliation with the Diabetes Research Institute. Nick announced he has type 1 diabetes at the DRI 2007 Carnival for a Cure event in NYC and spoke again at the event in 2011.
4. The Love and Hope Ball has been named one of South Florida’s Top 100 Events by Biz Bash, moving up one spot this year to #8 from #9.
5. City and Shore Magazine continued coverage about the American Fine Wine Competition, attended by star chef Emeril Lagasse, that benefited the DRI.
6. The nationwide motorcycle ride that benefits the DRI, “From Sea to Shining Sea,” kicked off on July 12 and continues to garner media coverage, including stories: